Wednesday 5 May 2010

Rationale

BA (HONS) Professional Practice (Inclusive Theatre Development)

Choosing my award title has been a difficult task for me, I wanted to sum up everything I do in 30 characters. I have worked within Inclusive theatre (see blog entries, section 1) for almost five years and it is now the way in which I work. Being inclusive can apply to anything I do but it has been the life and soul of how I perform and the way Chickenshed works.


I will be conducting my project ex-sex-tra using this method because I feel this is how it should be conducted, it is important to me that it is not just the end product that is valued but the initial process of how I got there and that is a reflection of working inclusively.


Theatre has been my passion for the majority of my life, and I am lucky enough to have been trained to perform but with the layer of being inclusive, something very few people have. Combining these two aspects is definitely why I feel I have to have inclusive theatre in my award title, it’s something that is now a part of me and I want to take with me wherever I go or work. It is something I feel I can offer in future projects/jobs I do.


I have a foundation degree in Inclusive performance and the next level of achievement for me would be to gain an Honors degree in the development of that form of theatre. This is reflected in my final project, a theatre piece is to be created using the ideas of our participants, and we want to delevelop those views, experiences, ideas into theatre that can be performed to an audience.


Working at Chickenshed I am constantly in direct contact with inclusive theatre whether that is performing or supporting the development for individuals or groups. I am always thriving for the development and pushing it forward using encouragement, praise, understanding and patience. These qualities are all parts of the inclusive process and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment