Wednesday 5 May 2010

Learning journal 3

Learning Journal 3.

I have my project theme, sex education but what do I want to do with it? What do I want to be able to achieve through it? These have been just a couple of the Questions I have asked myself.
It all seems so far away and reading through my booklet it seems like there is so much to do. The amount of understanding is huge there are areas I have never heard of. Like the different types of research and ethics.
I need to design my research method approaches and expand on my ideas. At this point I am thinking surveys, interviews, focus groups, workshops. All these should enable me to reach the potential of my project.
It looks as though my project will rely on the experiences and views of its participants a great deal. They are going to be the real fuel behind the fire.
I personally feel I am using words to “loosely”, people are questioning what I mean and I should not take it for granted that people know exactly what I mean.

Chicken Shed – A theatre company based in Cockfosters north London.

Inclusive - the way in which Chickenshed works on a full time basis. It is creating an environment where everybody feels valued in anything you are working on and nobody feels discriminated against in any way, shape or form because of background, culture, ability, and disability. Stripping everyone of any labels and becoming one unit to which everyone follows that inclusive method.

Workshop- Activities that will usually consist of a warm-up, a main activity(s), and then a group cool down/praise. Workshops can be any amount of time. They are theatre based and are catered for the individuals who are participating.

Outreach – a project where a team of people from Chickenshed will go to a place and deliver workshop activities to any sort of group of people. Companies tend to hire Chicken Shed to do this. Some organizations pay for these workshops to improve the communications skills between their workers. There a number of “sheds” across the country so Chicken Shed being the “main” unit will go on outreach projects to be with their children’s theatre or youth groups.

The chicken shed learning set is proving to be useful; we discuss where we are all up to and what lays ahead of us. It has been good to hear what others are doing and receive comments on work. It has been a procedure of give and take.

No comments:

Post a Comment