Wednesday 5 May 2010

learning journal 5

Learning journal 5

I am starting to get a little anxious as I do not have a title still. I know what I want to do but creating a title is turning out to be very tricky!

I am having conversations via email with Paula regarding it and in turns out I had not fully understood that I needed a Degree title and then a separate project title which shouldn’t be a questions.

I am finding myself managing my time better which is good, I don’t feel so behind as I have in prior terms.
I am on the blogs at least every other day having a look seeing what people are up to in terms of their projects. I have taken several surveys which like me people have put up on their blogs. At the moment I feel part of the social network.

I have completed my first draft of my project proposal and have worked hard on it. My time managing skills are definitely improving as I put all the hours into it that I needed to. I have also written my letter to which I need permission from Chicken shed for the go ahead for my project. I’m feeling happy for the time being and feel as though I am in a good place. That is not to say however I am not feeling the pressure. On a daily basis there is always more tasks to do in terms of my project, It is always on my mind. I have a notebook to which i write notes down when and if ideas pop into my head.

I am now familiar with the term ethics having looked over the form and now know which methods of research I want to take. I am prepared however to adapt new methods along the way if it is beneficial to the project.

I have been going over Paula’s notes and I know that I need to see myself more as a staff member not a student on a coarse. I have been given the confidence to do that. I think that may have been because I am unpaid, but it makes no difference to whether I am paid or unpaid, the standard to which I work will always be to the quality as if I was on a full time wage.
Possible ideas of titles for my project
· Is sexual awareness advertised too much which then influences young people to have sex?
· Can Inclusive theatre broaden a young person’s perceptions of sexual awareness?
· Should students have a say in sex education to how and what they are taught?
· How far do the internet/ media go in terms of influencing young people in terms of sex?
· Is there enough sex education theatre pieces for young people?
· Is theatre in education a good device to teach sexual awareness?
· Is it a good idea to explore young people’s experiences using workshops to create a piece of theatre to use with a T.I.E setting?
· Can developing a new area within Chicken Shed’s outreach programme make sexual awareness accessible to young people within secondary school settings?
· Can developing a new area within Chicken Shed’s outreach programme improve their outreach scheme and Chicken Shed as a whole?

No comments:

Post a Comment