Wednesday 5 May 2010

Learning journal 4

Learning journal 4

Unfortunately this campus session the 30th of March I could not attend. I do feel that I have missed a lot in terms of knowledge. I know it is all in the book but I do benefit from hearing it from another person. I like to be taught. From catching up I have learnt that this session was about data analysis and ethics. What that means, and how important it is in terms of the project.
Ethics for me personally is something I have never come across or had to apply to anything I have done. It is a huge eye opener and adds a whole new layer to my project and how much there really is to think about.

I have decided to create a survey with questions that are important to my research for “project x” I am excited to see what comes back!

I have been thinking about me in terms of this project and how I am going to influence it along with Laura. I have been very interested and keen to get started on thinking about the performance itself and what it will contain, how long it will take to produce etc. I think I may be getting a bit ahead of myself!

A meeting was held at Chicken shed theatre, the participants where most of staff who are on the same coarse as I am. We discussed where we are all up to and potential project titles.
In terms of my work at Chicken shed I am doing well. I am currently part of a team that is creating a final show project with second year BTEC students.

I am supporting BTEC first years in their lessons. Which means working in their groups, giving them encouragement to work with each other, praise, constructive criticism, delivering warm ups and for some individuals scribing. Most importantly setting a positive example, being “one of them” and taking part in the activities put upon them, leading by example.
We have a few fund raising events coming up and rehearsal time to go with that so I am trying hard to stay on top of things and manage my time well.

It is now time to be definitely thinking about where the project could go. In terms of where the workshops could actually happen. Laura and I have the same kind of ideas and we are interested in secondary schools, they hold so much potential for us as it has so many students and that means so many different experiences and points of view. Chickenshed, they have their own youth group which has over 100 members. With Chickenshed’s permission it would be a fantastic opportunity to use the youth theatre which has over 100 members. Youth clubs within London, we would also be delivering these workshops using the inclusive method as we will be representing Chicken Shed.

As Laura and I are embarking this project together, it has been brought to my attention that we must show that we are coming from two different angles. We must talk about different jobs that we can individually for the project and how we are going apply our individual titles to the project. We may find that It could become easy to merge into one mind frame and that is not they in which the project needs to be carried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment