Wednesday 5 May 2010

Critical commentary on learning in this module

Critical Commentary on learning in this Module

Reflecting on this learning venture of module 3835, all in all I have progressed. There have been ups and downs and I have taken the good with the bad. I have overcome obstacles and in doing so have listened to and helped others. The first hurdle was the booklet, I did not find it easy to follow and didn’t fully understand what was being asked of me, the final project encounter seemed hazy but through attending the campus sessions I could I found Paula’s, Rosemary’s and Peter’s help all vital in helping me understand what I needed to do. I believe that my vocabulary has improved greatly.

From having Chicken Shed learning set meetings with fellow colleagues and Paula there, I feel more on a professional level and my confidence has gradually grown along with my project. 5 weeks ago I would never have thought I would be where I am now. I have faith in what I am doing and know that it has a purpose behind it. I want to develop Chicken Sheds outreach programme and create a piece of theatre based on participant’s experiences and opinions, I now know how I am going to take this on.

From evaluating my blog entries I can see that my train of thought has progressed and I have become more positive as the entries continued. I am pleased that I have kept a optimistic perspective of the project and with the amount of effort I have put it into it. This has been an experience where I can definitely confirm “you get out what you put in” I always had worries concerning did think for a short while was I up to the challenge? Sometimes I felt that it may have been too much, but putting the work in really throwing myself in has paid off handsomely.
I have managed to discover in myself that I can work individually on a professional task whilst being part of a company. I trust in myself to get the work done and make sure that I understand what I am doing rather than just doing it. As my entries go on it is apparent to me that I became more confident in the time period of five weeks. I became more familiar with the different research methods.

I used my learning journals well and it was a good way for me to express myself.
This project has allowed me to feel more like a staff member in Chickenshed and having the Chickenshed learning set meetings has been a rock in the circle of those who are based there. We are now good at supporting each other and where possible answering each other’s queries.
I now recognize ethics and data analyzing and am familiar with applying them, something that will last me the rest of my career. There has been a lot of preparation in this module and now it is important to me that I must make it all worthwhile.

I feel the most difficult part of this module was creating a project and degree title. This I feel is reflected in my learning diary entries. I express worry over it and it was a part that played on my mind most. I wanted to cram everything I wanted the project to be in one sentence and for me personally that is something I find difficult. It was difficult because I work on such a broad scale it’s difficult to choose one area or sum up everything in a certain number of words. The conversations I had back and forth with Paula concerning this however did put me at ease.
The next step for me it is to physically do the project and I am excited to get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment