Thursday 4 March 2010

First Entry - Campus session 1

The "final project" is a word that has been used throughout this course and has always remained an exciting aspect for me.

Doing your own work
Being your own boss (with appropriate guidance)
researching into a topic you believe strongly in
Making a difference in your own individual way.

And then the booklet arrived...

I think I panicked; I didn’t really understand what I was reading and had a few concerns that it would not be what I had expected. I went to the first campus session with an open mind and ready to learn about the new experiences that lay ahead of me.
Paula and Rosemary explained everything to me thoroughly with the use of a slide show; looking at information, how to gather it and most of all to do something that you are not going to get bored of.
I felt assured that I was going to be ok as long as i put the effort in, what I put into my project I will get out of it. People asked questions accordingly and I felt the meeting was definitely successful.
I have a few ideas in mind for my final project but nothing concrete as yet. Its interesting talking to people and hearing their ideas and its great how people are doing things differently.Having a meeting with Paula with the people at Chicken Shed with the "shedders" definitely gave us some much needed support and confidence to spend the following week cracking on with Ideas and what area we want to discover and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment