Tuesday 30 March 2010

Activity 2 Advantages and Disadvantages of workers as researchers.

Here are some more potential advantages and disadvantages for workers as researchers.

There may be more trust. Whether that be the individual has more trust in fellow co leagues/piers; and them having more trust in you.

It is easier to have conversations with people,cast,backstage members, managers etc face to face. It can make the experience more personal and people more familiar with you.

You have first had experience of the events that take place at your workplace making it easier to involve yourself.

Easier to see the development. If you have direct contact with your workplace and are there a lot of the time it is easier for you to see the development and progress you have made within the company. You may see progression and development in future projects.

You may find yourself being biased.

Could become complacent within the work place.

Conflict of opinions.

You can become emotionally involved

Could find that you rely on other people too much and lose independence.

In some partnerships can be too friendly to be professional.



___________________________________________________________________
Advantage 1

I have a major advantage as I have been at Chicken shed for almost 5 years and have trust in my piers and employer as they have trust in me. I have a number of people I can call upon for support and guidance if and when I need It.
I would like to create a piece of theatre for my project which potentially can be taken into schools and performed to young people. Having this performance aspect to my project means having people who will be able to share their skills and express their views and opinions. I trust these members of staff and they trust me and that is key to when creating a piece.

My partner in this project Laura Davitt is someone who I have a lot of performance experience with. We have a strong, professional friendship and an understanding for each others opinions.
Trust is crucial to a partnership and I am fortunate to say we both trust each other and are both willing to put in what we want to get out of our experience together.

having this advantage means I can see Laura and other colleagues on a daily basis.
Having Chicken shed trust me in terms of what I can deliver means I can challenge myself and will fee comfortable to ut ideas forward to them in terms of my project.

It may be possible for us to do a workshop with the BTEC students, youth theatre members and their Lunar group (21 years plus.) Having this trust puts us into a good position as Chicken shed know we will always be professional.

Advantage 2

It is a fantastic advantage to be able to see the development of your project first hand.
I can arrange workshops and see the process and product and if the project is a success it may then change the route of outreach because Chicken Shed. Laura and I potentially want to change the way that sex education is taught in schools and in researching, gathering information and data, peoples experiences we want to have an end product that will change/develop outreach work and sex education.
I will also contribute to the progression of individuals participation.
for example: performers alongside me, devising workshops, people I might be choreographing etc.
Within my project people are a key aspect because its people opinions that could shape how we go about planning how we wish to change things. I will be doing this using the inclusive method.

No comments:

Post a Comment