Tuesday 23 November 2010

Log 1. Commentary on sharing resources using resources using Delicious

Using Delicious has been a useful way to for me to store websites that have been helpful for me throughout my project process. The first key point I feel I have to mention is that it is free! And being at university anything useful that is free is always welcomed! It only took a few minutes to set up and no special computer knowledge is needed to use it, which in my case is a big plus.


This social bookmarking site has benefitted me as I like many others before me have been an individual who scribbles down the websites used or copy and pastes then onto a word document and save them for when i wish to return to the site. With Delicious this has been rectified and I can now have the ease of saving the URL websites and accessing them confidently and quickly. You can store bookmarks wherever you are, on your own computer, a friends, an internet cafe, library etc and access your account accordingly. It’s great to be able to share my bookmarks with my friends and co workers and I can share theirs too if they think there is a site that I would benefit from. But I can also just use Delicious for my own personal use and keep links private if I wish.

I thought the link where you could email individuals website links that I had saved was extremely effective and Delicious is a resource that I will go on to use throughout my career but also just for my own use, online shopping etc. I have browsed the internet for sites that I can refer to throughout my project process and it’s refreshing to know that I can access those links whenever I need to.

1 comment:

  1. hello steph,

    sounds like we had a very similar experience using delicious. its such a useful tool, which i will definately use from project to project.

    this as well as googledocs must have been such a useful tool for you and laura to complete your project together, as you could share work and links without always requiring meeting face to face. did you implement skype to hlep this also?

    sarah c

    ReplyDelete